Proofs you will need to provide

You will be required to provide the following documentation before your application can be processed:

Proof of National Insurance Number for the main and joint applicant (one of the following)

  • P60
  • Benefit Agency claim 
  • Wage slip
  • National Insurance card
  • Inland Revenue letter

Proof of Identification for each member of your household (one of the following):

  • Passport
  • Birth Certificate
  • Immigration documentation

If you are unable to provide the above documents we may be able to accept one of the documents listed below as an alternative, depending on your circumstances:

  • Proof of Benefit Agency claim (including Child Benefit)
  • Current UK photo card driver’s licence (full or provisional)
  • Inland Revenue notification / tax assessment

Proof of Residence for all household members to be rehoused with you. You do not need to send proof of residence for people who are living with you now, but who are not being rehoused with you, unless you are overcrowded.  All documents must be dated within the last three months, except for a driving licence and your current year’s Council Tax Bill.  Please provide one of the following

  • Current UK or EEA photo card Driving License (full or provisional)
  • Bank / Building Society statement
  • Current year’s Council Tax bill
  • Utility Bill (Gas/ Electric/ Water/ TV) – Not mobile phone bill
  • Proof of Benefit Agency Claim (including Child Benefit)

Landlord Reference for the main and joint applicant and / or partner. This should be from your current and / or former landlord. If you have never held a tenancy, please let us know.

Proof of local connection to the scheme area. Either the main or joint applicant needs to be able to prove a local connection to the scheme area to register with the scheme. This can be either through:

  • Two years continuous residence across the scheme areas of Halton, Knowsley, Liverpool, Sefton, and Wirral. You will need to provide proof of your current residence as detailed above plus proof you were resident in the area two years ago. If you have lived in more than one of the Local Authority areas over the previous two years you will need to provide evidence for each area. Please refer to the list of documents below which may be submitted to evidence your local connection:
    • Tenancy Agreement / Landlord Reference
    • Council Tax bill
    • Utility bill (gas, electric, water, TV)
    • Bank statement
    • Confirmation from the Electoral Register 


  • Employment in the area for a minimum of 16 hours per week (minimum 12 month contract). Evidence may include:
    • Wage slip
    • P60
    • Self-employed:
      • Business rates
      • Business utility bill
      • Business bank statement


  • Close family association i.e. parent / other guardian, sibling or adult child who has been resident in the area for the last five years. You will need to provide:
    • Evidence of the family connection e.g. a Birth Certificate and,
    • Proof of residence for the previous five years.


  • There are other ways you can prove a local connection, or where the need for a local connection can be disregarded. If any of these apply to you please provide further information and evidence where possible:
    • Some Armed Forces personnel and members of the Armed Forces community.
    • People with a continuing caring responsibility for someone resident in the Local Authority area.
    • People fleeing domestic abuse.
    • Homeless households owed a Homeless Duty by the Local Authority.
    • Care Leavers placed outside the Local Authority who are owed a duty by the Local Authority.

Depending on your circumstances we may request further evidence once we have made an initial assessment of your application. This is to enable us to fully assess your case and determine whether you meet the criteria to join the scheme and to assess your priority for housing.

Where to submit your documents

Please do not submit your documents until you have submitted your applicaiton for rehouisng.

The simplest way to provide your documents is to upload them direct to your Property Pool Plus account; this facility will be available after the new scheme launches on 6th November 2023.

If you are unable to use the document upload facility you can send your documents to the organisation who manages your application. If you are currently resident in one of the Property Pool Plus scheme Local Authority areas, please send your documents using the contact details for your area as shown in the table below. If you live outside the scheme area you will have chosen a Local Authority to manage your application, please send your information to the contact for that area as shown in the table below.

Local Authority area

By email if you are unable to use the document upload facility

By post if you are unable to send by email.  Please do not send original documentation.



Halton Housing

PO Box 576


M28 8HY




Kings Business Park


L34 1PJ



One Vision Housing

Atlantic House

Dunnings Bridge Road


L30 4TH


Property Pool Plus Team

Wirral Council

PO Box 290

Brighton Street


CH27 9FQ


Please refer to the contact page of our website for details of where to send your documents: