What proofs you will need to provide


For your application to be assessed you will need to provide the verification documents outlined below, please visit the contact us page to find your administering scheme partner details and where to send your proofs.

One document may satisfy most requirements listed below e.g. a benefit agency letter dated within the last 3 months will act as proof of national insurance number, proof of residence and proof of identification

Proof of National Insurance Number

You will need to provide proof of national insurance number for both the main and joint applicants

  • Benefit agency letter
  • National insurance card

It will help if you can include on your application the national insurance number for all household members over 16 years of age

Proof of Identification

You will need to provide proof of identification including right to rent for both the main and joint applicants;

  • Benefit agency letter
  • Current full passport
  • Current UK or EEA photo card driving licence (full or provisional)
  • Current full UK paper style driving licence (paper stlye provisional licence is not accepted)
  • Current blue disabled driver badge
  • Current inland revenue notification/ tax assessment
  • Current Residence permit issued by Home Office for EU nationals
  • Armed forces ID card
  • Birth certificate

Please follow the link below for information on acceptable documentation for right to rent purposes: https://www.gov.uk/landlord-immigration-check

Proof of Residence

You will need to provide proof of residence for ALL household members, including those living with you but not moving with you, these documents should be dated within the last 3 months;

  • Benefit agency letter
  • Current UK or EEA photo card driving licence (full or provisional)
  • Recent bank/building society statement
  • Recent council tax bill
  • Recent utility bill (gas/electric/water/cable TV) – not mobile phone bill
  • Child tax credit award letter
  • Child benefit award letter
Landlord Reference

You will need to provide one reference from your current or previous landlord if you have one.

References from family and friends will not be accepted.  If you are unable to provide a landlord reference your administrator may consider accepting;

  • Proof of rent payments e.g. bank statement (dated within the last 3 months)
  • Letter from a support worker
  • Most recent housing benefit statement

Your application will not be accepted unless you submit all the verification documents required

Additional Documents Depending on your Circumstances
  • Proof of pregnancy (MATB1 form) if any member of your household is pregnant
  • Proof of access arrangements where dependent children are not living with you
  • Proof of employment (dated within the last 3 months) if any adult household member is working a minimum of 16 hrs per week
  • Armed forces discharge papers – if you have served in the armed forces and are due to be discharged within 3 months or have serviced in the armed or reserved forces and been discharged within the past 12 months
Supporting Evidence for Priority Need

To be considered for priority banding, additional supporting information will be required to enable us to fully understand your medium, high or urgent housing needs. If you are applying for a medical priority please note that prescription lists and print outs of appointments on their own are insufficient for us to assess your medical needs. To fully understand your requirements we need documentation which confirms why your current property is unsuitable and why a move to an alternative property would either alleviate or remove the issues you are currently experiencing.

Contact your Property Pool Plus administrator​ for more information. 

If you decide to post documents to your administrator please only send copies as we cannot guarantee that originals will be returned to you