From 1st April 2023 - Halton will be changing the activation process for PPP customersPublished: Monday 13 February 2023
From 1st April 2023 - Halton will be changing the activation process for PPP customers. If you have applied for PPP please see below changes to the activation process:
Halton Housing manage this service on behalf of Registered Providers in Halton and their reception is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- If you send us an enquiry via the message facility on your account – they will be dealt with within 10 working days. Please avoid sending the same enquiry via email as this may cause delays.
- Once your application has been activated you will be sent written confirmation via email or post. Please allow 15 working days (3 weeks) for your application to be processed.
- From 1st April 2023, your application will be activated based on the information you have provided online along with the required verification proofs. You must ensure the information on your application is accurate as incorrect information may result in delays or withdrawal of a future offer.
- A list of proofs required is available on the PPP website under ‘proofs you will need’. You will be able to bid once activated and you must have the correct proofs ready when any offer is made from a Landlord within the scheme.
- Should you be placed in a Priority Banding (A-C) you will be required to provide proof of those circumstances. Applications will only be activated once ALL proofs are received.
- Current and previous Landlord references will be requested upon activation of your application. Please ensure full Landlord contact details are provided when completing your 5 year address history, failure to do so may result in delays with your application.
- A further verification check of your application will take place if you receive a provisional offer of accommodation following your bid.
- When you are being considered for a property and/or a provisional offer has been made you will have 48 hours (2 working days) to provide these to the Landlord of the property. If they are not received within the allotted time the offer will be withdrawn.
- For applicants who require rehousing on medical grounds, please ensure you complete the ‘Health and Social Care Needs’ section of the application form, and if your condition is made worse by your current accommodation, please ensure this option is chosen and complete the remainder of the form. You will be requested to provide written documentation from a GP or medical specialist to support your application.
We work through each case received, in date order. If you still require to speak to the PPP Team please telephone 0151 510 5222, if leaving a voicemail please ensure you leave a full name, contact number and brief message. Any voicemails left with no details will not be responded to (voicemail’s are picked up within 1 working day), however we would strongly advise all applicants to use the client message facility on PPP with any enquiries.
Please don’t forget to look at ALL the advertised properties on PPP including AVAILABLE NOW properties to increase your chances of obtaining a property.
If you wish to contact us about these changes please find our contact details here