Wirral Council - August Bank Holiday Closure
Wirral Council Offices will be closed form 5:00 pm on Friday 25th August 2017 until 9:00 am on Wednesday 30th August 2017. The property advert will commence on Tuesday morning as usual.
You can contact Property Pool Plus Wirral
- By telephoning 0300 777 3022 to place a bid for a property via the automated call system. Automated bidding is available 24 hours a day 6 days a week, Tuesday to Sunday
- By logging into your Property Pool Plus account once you have registered. From here you can let us know about any changes in circumstances by updating your registration, and you can also correspond with us through the on line messaging facility. For further advice on how to use the website to log into your application, search for properties, place bids and complete application updates please click this linkto open a step by step guide.
- You can also visit a One Stop Shop for assistance with your Property Pool Plus application, but please note that only the Conway Centre and Seacombe One Stop Shop offer a drop in service. All other One Stop Shops operate an appointments system; for further detail contact 0151 606 2220 or visit Wirral One Stop Shop
- By telephoning 0151 691 8518 from Monday to Friday between the hours of 9:00 am to 5:00 pm to speak to a Property Pool Plus Advisor
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
· In writing to:
Property Pool Plus Wirral
Wallasey Town Hall
If you are a tenant of one of the Property Pool Plus partner Housing Associations you may wish to consider Mutual Exchange as a means to move to alternative accommodation. Find out more here.
If you are offered a tenancy via the Property Pool Plus Scheme you will be responsible for paying rent as detailed in the property advert. If you are on a low income you may be eligible for Housing Benefit to assist you with this. You can use the on-line benefit calculator to give you an estimate as to any entitlement and this should help you to decide whether a particular property would be affordable to you.
Future Changes to Local Housing Allowance Rates for tenancies created after 1st April 2016
People who live in social rented housing will have their rents restricted to the appropriate Local Housing Allowance rate from April 2019; or restricted to the under occupancy levels, commonly known as the bedroom tax, whichever is the highest deduction. This applies to new tenancies created after 1 April 2016. For people living in supported accommodation this will apply for new tenancies from 1 April 2017. For more information in relation to this or other welfare benefit changes click here.